Welcome to the Special Needs Resource Project
Information and Special Needs Resources for Parents of Children with Special Needs or Disabilities
Special Needs Resource Project (SNRP) provides a basic guide for parents of children with chronic health issues, disabilities and special needs. This site is designed to help you get a jump-start in your search for helpful information and resources. Every situation is unique. Our aim is to help you learn the basic skills you'll need to obtain the specific resource information, equipment, and services your child and family needs. Though focused on children ages 0-22, most of the information we offer is applicable to adults as well.
- Want to know what's current with SNRP? We're continuing to highlight great resources and organizations with some great services and informational tips daily on our Facebook page. Don't forget to "Like" Special Needs Resource Project so you won't miss anything new.
- We've posted a new Resource Links Policy statement below for those considering requesting a spot on the Resource Links pages.
- There are several new Newsletters posted. Pop on over to the Newsletters section and check them out.
- We're still getting a lot of e-mail queries regarding Dependency Determinations and Letters of Medical Sufficiency. You can find the Dependency Determination information in the May 2010 newsletter Dependency Determination and the Letters of Medical Sufficiency information in the September 2009 newsletter titled "Medical Sufficiency Letters Simplified".
- As always, please feel free to contact us if we've missed anything important. To send an e-mail simply click on Contact Us and we'll answer as quickly as we can.
"Things to Think About" A monthly newsletter published by SNRP covering a wide range of topics offering helpful information, contacts, and related links to the topic covered. If you would like to be on our e-mailing list please click here to send us your e-mail address and request to be added to our mailing group.
Click Here to sign up
Click Here to view past and current editions.
Newsletter Fair Use Policy
You may download, print and copy newsletters on this site for personal, non-profit, educational purposes. For those wishing to share information on message boards we prefer that you provide a link to the page you wish to share. If posting a link is a problem please share the web address (www.snrproject.com) so others may know where to go for more information.
*SNRP does NOT share email address information.
Special Needs Resource Project Resource Links Policy
SNRP does not accept commercial links to informational pages by for-profit companies as many of these informational pages can be misleading. This includes for-profit legal practises, insurance companies and insurance providers. Medical information must be linked directly back to it's original medical source.
SNRP will NOT provide free listing services for commercial businesses simply because they provide an "information page" regarding a disability or disease process. The few business links we currently provide are specifically disability related and closely vetted.
Our Executive Director vets all requests for links listings and has the last word on link additions.
To be considered for a resource link please click on Contact Us for more information.
Parent's IEP Notebook - Individualized Education Plan Management
For most Special Education children IEP meetings can occur any time a child needs a change in their IEP program during the school year. For some children this may be several times a year. To make this complicated process simpler for parents to manage we have provided a basic Parent's IEP Notebook. One place for all those forms, letters, Parent's Guides and notes you'll be taking. Downloadable forms available here.
If you are looking for something specific that does not appear to be covered on our website PLEASE CONTACT US!
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to assure the quality and accuracy of information provided on this website. Though we have tried to include as much detail as possible, the information contained here in is intended only as a guide to pointing you in the right direction. Each individual's circumstances are unique and may require additional steps or effort above and beyond that which is specified. Inclusion on the Resource links list does NOT imply endorsement by SNRP. While we have made every effort to provide quality Resources it is the responsibility of the viewer to exercise reasonable discretion when using ANY sources.