Home Resource Links Forms Newsletter Utah Bulletin Board FAQ Contact Us About Us Site Map  
Getting Started
Get Diagnosed
Gathering Important Information
Organizing Your Information
The Educated Parent
Early Intervention
What To Do First
What is Early Intervention?
Keeping an IEP Notebook
Preparing for an IEP Meeting
Conducting an IEP Meeting
Individuals With Disabilities Act
IDEA ACT - A Quick Reference
IDEA Legal Text
Family Finances
Recommended Resources
Introduction to Universal Housing Design
Housing options
Building a New House ~ That Works!
Introduction to Universal Housing Design
Entrances and Thresholds
Single Family Home Resources
Remodeled Bathroom
Ceiling Lifts
Problem Spaces
Adding a Ramp
Good Restroom
Not So Good Restrooms
Great Space Adaptions
Not So Great Adaptations
Ramp Design
Ramp Design (Part 2)
Commercial Ramps
Public Access Ramps
Adding a Ramp
Retrofit Door Sill Ramp
Medical Bills
Filing an Appeal
Medical Expenses and Income Taxes
Finding Help for the Uninsured or Underinsured
Free or Discounted Prescription Programs
Medicaid Waivers
Legal Adults - Introduction
Guardianship and Declaration of Incapacitation
Establishing Guardianship and Obtaining a Declaration of Incapacitation
Dependency Determination (Military)
When to Start the Transition Process
Begin Transition - Age 14-16
Exploring Possibilities and Guardianship Issues - Age 17
Age 18
After High School Graduation - Age 19-22
Post High School Education Options
Future Housing Options
Specialized Medical Equipment
Wheelchair Evaluation
Wheelchair Safety
Introduction: Special Needs and the Military Family
DEERS & ID Cards
Dependency Determination
TriCare Introduction
TriCare Program Options
Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)
Individual Case Management
TriCare Extended Care Health Option (ECHO)
Early Intervention
Housing Options
Family Support Services
Community Contacts
Letters of Medical Sufficiency
Wheelchair Accessible Vans
Van Conversion: A good Example
Fund Raising - The Flamingo Air Project
Utah DSPD Complaint List Winter 2011

Individual Case Management

On 1 October 2004 the TriCare system underwent a massive management restructuring. Part of this process was the elimination of local on Base/Post RN Case Managers. All case management now occurs at the Regional level.

What is Case Management and Why Do I Need It?

A Case Manager is a specifically trained RN assigned to assist TriCare beneficiaries who have complex, catastrophic, short term and/or long-term care needs.

Currently TriCare Case Managers May:

  • Identify and facilitate needed services and equipment in collaboration with the beneficiary's PCM.
  • Decrease provider's administrative tasks by assisting with referrals, authorizations, and locating specialists when needed.
  • Educate beneficiaries about TriCare benefits.
  • Educate beneficiaries about his/her disease process.
  • Promote positive lifestyle changes that may affect the beneficiary's disease (e.g., diet, exercise, encourage compliance with treatment plans, stress management and the importance of keeping doctor/therapy appointments).
  • Provide a point of contact to assist both beneficiaries and PCMs with problem solving, act as a beneficiary advocate, and assist in communicating with caregivers on behalf of the beneficiary.
  • May refer beneficiaries to the ECHO program (see below).

TriCare now requires a PCM referral for Case Management Services. If you believe you may qualify for Case Management Services discuss this option with your PCM or civilian physician. He/she can find a Case Management Patient Referral Form under the Provider Connection "Find A Form" link on your regional TriCare web site. To submit the form the PCM must print the form, fill out the required information and submit forms via fax to the appropriate Regional TriCare Office. It is recommended these forms be then filed with your dependant's medical record, should the form be needed again.

Case Management staff will review Case Management requests. Once a determination for services has been made a letter of acceptance or denial will be issued to the individual and contact by a Case Manger will be made.