Home Resource Links Forms Newsletter Utah Bulletin Board FAQ Contact Us About Us Site Map  
Getting Started
Get Diagnosed
Gathering Important Information
Organizing Your Information
The Educated Parent
Early Intervention
What To Do First
What is Early Intervention?
Keeping an IEP Notebook
Preparing for an IEP Meeting
Conducting an IEP Meeting
Individuals With Disabilities Act
IDEA ACT - A Quick Reference
IDEA Legal Text
Family Finances
Recommended Resources
Introduction to Universal Housing Design
Housing options
Building a New House ~ That Works!
Introduction to Universal Housing Design
Entrances and Thresholds
Single Family Home Resources
Remodeled Bathroom
Ceiling Lifts
Problem Spaces
Adding a Ramp
Good Restroom
Not So Good Restrooms
Great Space Adaptions
Not So Great Adaptations
Ramp Design
Ramp Design (Part 2)
Commercial Ramps
Public Access Ramps
Adding a Ramp
Retrofit Door Sill Ramp
Medical Bills
Filing an Appeal
Medical Expenses and Income Taxes
Finding Help for the Uninsured or Underinsured
Free or Discounted Prescription Programs
Medicaid Waivers
Legal Adults - Introduction
Guardianship and Declaration of Incapacitation
Establishing Guardianship and Obtaining a Declaration of Incapacitation
Dependency Determination (Military)
When to Start the Transition Process
Begin Transition - Age 14-16
Exploring Possibilities and Guardianship Issues - Age 17
Age 18
After High School Graduation - Age 19-22
Post High School Education Options
Future Housing Options
Specialized Medical Equipment
Wheelchair Evaluation
Wheelchair Safety
Introduction: Special Needs and the Military Family
DEERS & ID Cards
Dependency Determination
TriCare Introduction
TriCare Program Options
Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)
Individual Case Management
TriCare Extended Care Health Option (ECHO)
Early Intervention
Housing Options
Family Support Services
Community Contacts
Letters of Medical Sufficiency
Wheelchair Accessible Vans
Van Conversion: A good Example
Fund Raising - The Flamingo Air Project
Utah DSPD Complaint List Winter 2011

Community Contacts


Services that fall under the medical category should be available through your MTF, TriCare case manager or the community Children's Hospital if there is one in your area. If unable to locate medical programs on your Base contact the nearest Children's Hospital and ask for the "Parent Education Specialist" or, in the absence of a specialized pediatric hospital, call the local hospital that handles most pediatric patients and request to speak with their Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). Ask for a list of medical resources in your area. Check out our "Resource Links" page for other resources in your state.

Education Information and Parent Support Groups

Education and Parent Support information is available through the STOMP program for military parents. With 2 main offices in Washington State and 3 Regional offices across the US, STOMP provides a network of volunteers who have attended one of the annual STOMP Parent Professional Teams Workshops. These folks are a great resource for all sorts of things unique to your area. Not to mention great assets in finding social contacts and emotional support in the surrounding community. To find a contact in your area you may contact any of the 5 STOMP offices. See STOMP for an office or volunteer in your area.


Contact your Base, local county or city/municipal recreation office for programs offered in your area. Ask to be placed on their mailing list, request calendars and contact numbers. This is a great way to meet your neighbors and become involved in the community.