Home Resource Links Forms Newsletter Utah Bulletin Board FAQ Contact Us About Us Site Map  
Getting Started
Get Diagnosed
Gathering Important Information
Organizing Your Information
The Educated Parent
Early Intervention
What To Do First
What is Early Intervention?
Keeping an IEP Notebook
Preparing for an IEP Meeting
Conducting an IEP Meeting
Individuals With Disabilities Act
IDEA ACT - A Quick Reference
IDEA Legal Text
Family Finances
Recommended Resources
Introduction to Universal Housing Design
Housing options
Building a New House ~ That Works!
Introduction to Universal Housing Design
Entrances and Thresholds
Single Family Home Resources
Remodeled Bathroom
Ceiling Lifts
Problem Spaces
Adding a Ramp
Good Restroom
Not So Good Restrooms
Great Space Adaptions
Not So Great Adaptations
Ramp Design
Ramp Design (Part 2)
Commercial Ramps
Public Access Ramps
Adding a Ramp
Retrofit Door Sill Ramp
Medical Bills
Filing an Appeal
Medical Expenses and Income Taxes
Finding Help for the Uninsured or Underinsured
Free or Discounted Prescription Programs
Medicaid Waivers
Legal Adults - Introduction
Guardianship and Declaration of Incapacitation
Establishing Guardianship and Obtaining a Declaration of Incapacitation
Dependency Determination (Military)
When to Start the Transition Process
Begin Transition - Age 14-16
Exploring Possibilities and Guardianship Issues - Age 17
Age 18
After High School Graduation - Age 19-22
Post High School Education Options
Future Housing Options
Specialized Medical Equipment
Wheelchair Evaluation
Wheelchair Safety
Introduction: Special Needs and the Military Family
DEERS & ID Cards
Dependency Determination
TriCare Introduction
TriCare Program Options
Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)
Individual Case Management
TriCare Extended Care Health Option (ECHO)
Early Intervention
Housing Options
Family Support Services
Community Contacts
Letters of Medical Sufficiency
Wheelchair Accessible Vans
Van Conversion: A good Example
Fund Raising - The Flamingo Air Project
Utah DSPD Complaint List Winter 2011

Resource Links Search Results

Military Quick Links (National Guard, Reserve, Active Duty)
ABA Military Pro Bono Project
321 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60654
*The ABA Military Pro Bono Project accepts case referrals from military attorneys on behalf of junior-enlisted, active-duty military personnel and their families with civil legal problems, and it places these cases with pro bono attorneys where the legal assistance is needed. The Project is also the platform for Operation Stand-By, through which military attorneys may seek attorney-to-attorney advice to further assist their service member clients.
American Bar Association/Military Lawyers
*Scroll down the home page to the very bottom for Military and Veteran Bar Association listings.
Children's Medical Services/California Department of Social Services
9616 Micron Ave. Suite 640
Sacramento, CA 95827
(916) 875-9900
DoD Forms Management Program
*Find Dependency Determination Forms here. Scroll down to the DD 137-5 Dependency Statement - Incapacitated Child Over Age 21 and click on the form number. This form can be filled out on line.
Easter Seals National Headquarters
230 W. Monroe St., Suite 1800
Chicago, IL 60606
(800) 221-6827
TTY 312-726-4258
(312) 726-1494 (Fax)
*Contact for the chapter closest to you. Ask your local chapter for camps, grants, respite services and other services available in your area.
Exceptional Family Member Program/All Branches/Mobile
Contains contact information, Base program locators and enrollment/justification forms for ALL Branches of service.
Kids' Waivers/Medicaid Waiver Programs
Medicaid waivers for children are unfortunately quite confusing. Not only that, but it is impossible to find information about them. This project State-by-State is intended to simplify the process as much as possible.
Medicaid Waiver dot Org
*A state-by-state Medicaid Waiver program listing. Please note: Medicaid programs do not transfer. If you're planning a move you'll want to do some homework. Start here then go to the official page of the state you are considering.
Military Home Front/Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)
*Over 100,000 military families have members with special needs. These include spouses, children, or dependent parents who require special medical or educational services. These family members have a diagnosed physical, intellectual, or emotional condition. The Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) works with these families to address their unique needs.The materials within this section of Military HOMEFRONT are designed to give service members and their families critical information and resources related to the EFMP program.
Military One Source
* A DoD supported site. Military OneSource has policy and programmatic information, helpful resources, products, articles and tips on numerous topics related to military life. Confidential services are available 24 hours a day by telephone and online. In addition to the website support, Military OneSource offers confidential call center and online support for consultations on a number of issues such as spouse education and career opportunities, issues specific to families with a member with special needs, health coaching, financial support, and resources.
Military Parent Technical Assistance Center
6316 S 12th St
Tacoma, WA 98465
(253) 565-2266
(800) 572-7368
E-mail: thebranch@wapave.org * Provides Base EFMP and Special Needs contact information for all regions, all branches of service.
National Military Family Association
3601 Eisenhower Avenue, Suite 425
Alexandria, VA 22304
E-mail: infor@militaryfamily.org *Click on Info & Resources links for EFMP=Special Needs information.
Social Security Administration Information for Parents
National Info. 1-800-772-1213
*Benefits information and local office addresses with contact information available by state and city.
State & Local Government on the Net
*State listings for Military and Veterans sites within the 50 United States.
The National Guard Family Program
*Click on Contacts & Resources to find your state program.
The National Resource Directory
The National Resource Directory (NRD) provides access to services and resources at the national, state and local levels that support recovery, rehabilitation and community reintegration.
The Special Needs Alliance
*Provides a national list of lawyers specializing in special needs trusts and other resources by state. Check here for help with Guardianship, incapacitation, trusts and other pertinent topics.
United Cerebral Palsy (UCP)
1660 L Street, NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20036
(800) 872-5827
TTY (202) 973-7197
(202) 776-0414 (Fax)
*Contact for your local chapter. Excellent state-by-state resource guide.
United Way
701 N. Fairfax St.
Alexandria, VA 22314
*Non-profit charitable organization offering a variety of services including camps, respite, grants, etc. Find your local chapter here.
Kids Included Together (KIT)
2820 Roosevelt Road, Suite 202
San Diego, CA 92106
(858) 225-5680
(619) 758-0949 (Fax)
Email: info@KITonline.org *Kids Included Together (KIT) specializes in providing best practices training for community–based organizations committed to including children with and without disabilities into their recreational, child development and youth development programs.
Medical Centers/Hospitals/Clinics
Rady Children's Hospital
3020 Children's Way
San Diego, CA 92123
(858) 576-1700
Kids Included Together
2820 Roosevelt Road, Suite 202
San Diego, CA 92106
(858) 225-5680
(858) 225-5690 (Fax)
Email: info@kitonline.org